A wee bit of history, and a long-winded story (was Re: TR Colors)

To: smith007@IntNet.net (PHILIP SMITH)
Subject: A wee bit of history, and a long-winded story (was Re: TR Colors) <v01510100adefd2dba8ee@[198.252.35.68]>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:38:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, streeter@sanders.com
PHILIP SMITH wrote:

> Thanks for all your comments,thoughts,suggestions,with my hunt for the
> perfectly used TR6.  However, I'm kinda curious, what color TR did you
> buy,was it the color you wanted.

Anyway, to answer your original question, here goes... (You can find more
about my car-buying story and adventures to date at
http://www.vtr.org/people/streeter/index.html)

My search for a Triumph proceeded on and off for quite a few years. ...

It all started back in high school, when a neighbor (for whom I cut his lawn)
was selling his Spitfire.  It was gorgeous -- perfect white paint, graceful
curves, a purposeful burble from the exhauast, and that polished wood dash...
But, my parent's wisdom prevailed, and I went carless through high school.
However, the yearning wasn't quenched, and never forgotten.

After getting to college in Boston, I saw an MG or Triumph once in a while --
just often enough to keep the dream alive.  Eventually, I started looking
half-seriously the summer of '89, while in NY state's "capital district,"
after finding out about the british-cars mailing list.  (Yes, I've been on
this mailing list for seven years now...)  I went to the VTR National
Convention that year, as it was in Albany, NY, just as it will be this year.
("http://www.vtr.org/conventions/vtr-96.html";)

I saw scores and scores of fantastic cars at the convention, and even got to
take rides in many different ones there.  But, the festivities soon ended, and
I kept perusing the ads...

<turning back the clock...>