TR6 or Spitfire for driver.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 or Spitfire for driver.
From: zapper@proton.com (T. Boicey)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 96 00:06:57 EST
  If I was looking for a driving car with reliability and fixability more
important than history or originality... would I be correct in assuming that a
Spitfire would be a better purchase than a TR6?

  I am still stalling on restoring a 1959 TR3, but I am getting to think I
need a drivable car now to keep myself interested. I have close friends with
TR6s, but the Spitfire is not something I have much experience with.

  Is the later-year Spitfire more reliable and workable than the TR6? Or does
it not really help to have a 1979 or 1980 car versus a 1971 or 1972 car
because "they are all old" or "emissions makes it even worse"?

  All suggestions welcome, basically, I know the TR6 decently well but am
considering the Spitfire as well but need more info.
       zapper@proton.com <=> www.proton.com/zapper