Re: TR6 or Spitfire for driver.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 or Spitfire for driver.
From: Rodney Orr <rorr@eagle.wbm.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 23:01:02 -0600
Many more Spits were made than TR6s (139,587 vs, 94,619, according to R.
Newton's Buyers Guide) so parts and support should be at least as good for
the Spits (I've a TR6 and there's no problem with either for them).  If I'm
not mistaken though, Spitfires, unlike the TRs do not have a separate
chassis, and are much more difficult to repair should rust require extensive
restoration work.  I may stand corrected, however.  Since you're looking for
a daily driver, I'd guess that you'll be staying away from any with rust
problems.  IMHO, TR6's are just so much better looking, though...

Rod.   '70 TR6   CC55899L