GT6/Spit hybrid (was Re: Rotary in a Spitfire)

To: spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk
Subject: GT6/Spit hybrid (was Re: Rotary in a Spitfire)
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:06:10 -0400 (EDT)

> >   Does anyone have any information regarding the use of
> > alternative engines in a Spitfire?  I've heard that an RX-7
> > engine adaptor kit exists; are there any others?
> >

> The obvious one is the GT6 engine, quite a common conversion and is quite easy
> to do, but remember to uprate shocks, brakes, etc. also the gt6 bonnet is
> required for the extra headroom, but since this is a better looking bonnet
> anyway...

  I am quite interested in finding out more about this conversion, though it
strikes me that the better way to do it would be to put a spit body on a GT6
rather than a GT6 engine in a spit (avoids having to uprate everything, no?)
  Does anybody have pointers to practical information on creating this
spit-6 hybrid?

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation