Re: HALP!!!!

To: Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Re: HALP!!!!
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:20:13 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 Nickbk@aol.com wrote:

> Greg-
> You ask about misfire and rough running...
>
> Probably the toughest problem to track down !

        Don't I know it!!!

> Well, you know what they say, "Opinions are like..." well you know what they
> say.
> Here's my Opinion:

        Go ahead, I'm not afraid...

> First look at carburation

        That was on the top of my list... The carbs were rebuilt with new
        shafts two years ago... Whe this seige began it was one of the first
        things I looked at... After the ignition system... I thoroughly
        cleaned the carbs the daspots got Dexron ATF (I like the throttle
        response) and were capped off... The pistons arise and fall as
        they should... Though I'm gonna recheck my float level... I had
        Gross jets in the carbs when this mess began, I replaced them with
        the old units.... Also, I've a sneaking suspicion that the fuel line
        (which is 5/8"from the pump to the carbs) may be too large for the
        output of the pump... It may be cavitating. I'm gonna change that
        today.

        A friend is letting me borrow the hot coil from his (Gak!) Datsun
        240Z this evening, to check out the coil. I'm going to take a REAL
        CLOSE look at the distributor again (it was thoroughly cleaned early
        in the diagnostic process) but I really didn't closely inspect the
        little wire... It LOOKED ok...

> If none of the above works...Call the witch doctor and have the curse removed

        I'm looking for a live chicken right now... You can't find
        virgins any more (at least none tha the gods would find appealing).

> Rarely running on all cylinders myself

        Life's much more interesting that way!

        Thanks
>            Nick in Nor Cal