Re: Alternate engines for 1500

To: mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu
Subject: Re: Alternate engines for 1500
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:04:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< >Brian Knopp
 >  >
 >  >"I don't care, I own a Spitfire!"
 >
 >  Puttin' wool on a pig don't make it a sheep!
 >  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >  Larry
 >
 > Anyone care to guess where this guy came from? I thought we were all on
the
 > same team here.
 >
 > Charlie B.

 Hi Charlie, Larry comes from somewhere around St. Louis, MO :-)  The topic
 of engine swaps comes up periodically and SOLs are NOT all on the same
 team on this issue.  Larry is a dyed in the wool (I KILL me!) originalist
 and probably thinks that engine swaps alter the character of the car to
 the point that it is no longer really a __(insert TR model here)__ if you
 stuff a small block V-8, Mazda rotary, Buick V-6, or whatever in it.
 Others will argue that it's your car, do what you want with it.  Like most
 religious issues, a consensus may never be reached about engine swaps,
 but we are all free to express our opinions about it.

Mike,

Yeah, I just got his history from another SOLer and I'm starting to
understand. Like I just wrote back to John, I originally thought it was just
some MG guy who had broken through our lines.

Thanks for the come back,
Charlie B.