Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:32:40 +0100
Cc: tjn@rahul.net
>Ok...before I screw anything up...
>
>I might as well change it now as it clearly needs it.....
>
>Is there a LAM (list approved method) for changing the fan belt
>on these beasts?

TJ:
Do you want the easy way or the colorful-English-language way? The
straight-forward, easy approach involves removing the crossmember in front
of the engine. I have heard of ways of scooting the belt past the
crossmember by bumping the starter, but it seems a good way to ruin a new
belt. New methods are constantly being discovered.

Before you decry British engineering for this situation, be aware that a
certain Japanese company known for relentless engineering excellence
produced a car called the Accord that required the removal of an engine
mount to replace the belt. Boy, is that fun.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951