Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Subject: Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement
From: mjm@art.ca.boeing.com (Jerry McDonald)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:36:50 -0700 "Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement" (Jun 28, 1:32pm)
On Jun 28,  1:32pm, Philip E. Barnes wrote:

> Before you decry British engineering for this situation, be aware that a
> certain Japanese company known for relentless engineering excellence
> produced a car called the Accord that required the removal of an engine
> mount to replace the belt. Boy, is that fun.

>-- End of excerpt from Philip E. Barnes

While what Mr. Barnes says is true, I've managed to get the same procedure
on my '77 Civic down to about 30 minutes including removing the alternator
and mounting bracket. BTW does the TR4 have to be treated in a similar to
that of the TR6 ?

--
Jerry McDonald: mjm@bobo.ca.boeing.com (work) or jmac@nwrain.com (home)
Car guy .sig: 82 Volvo Turbo Wagon, 77 Honda Civic CVCC, 61 Triumph TR4