Re: Rolling Dollies

To: rodney@indoro.com
Subject: Re: Rolling Dollies
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 13:20:24 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

If you have a good/stable foor jack, you can roll the car around one end
at a time and place it vitually anywhere in your garage. The floor
dollies that Moss and other sell are a bit pricey in my book at $175. I
have rolled my TR6 all over the garage by using the floor jack. Just use
caution when rolling the car around via the jack, and don't lift it too
high (to limit the damage if it falls off the jack.) The jack method is
particularly useful if the car has no driveline components...

Don't try rolling it around on one of those little floor jacks, they tend
to be a little "tippey". Also, in order to use the floor jack method, the
floor needs to be smooth and debris-free. The jack will not roll over
everything!

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own???