Re: Rolling Dollies

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>, rodney@indoro.com
Subject: Re: Rolling Dollies
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 96 13:47:49 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Oct 7,  1:24pm, Bob Lang wrote:
> If you have a good/stable foor jack, you can roll the car around one end
> at a time and place it vitually anywhere in your garage. The floor
> dollies that Moss and other sell are a bit pricey in my book at $175. I
> have rolled my TR6 all over the garage by using the floor jack. Just use
> caution when rolling the car around via the jack, and don't lift it too
> high (to limit the damage if it falls off the jack.) The jack method is
> particularly useful if the car has no driveline components...

We've occasionally used this method to move cars out of the way
of an autocross course.  Its not for the faint hearted if you're
doing it outside on a rubble strewn lot and have to go very far,
but it is surprisingly effective!

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm