Slave cyl. Rebuild & Monza

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Slave cyl. Rebuild & Monza
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:24:40 -0500
Recently I asked for advice from the list regarding replacement of a leaking
clutch slave cylinder on my TR6.  The advice was overwhelmingly to rebuild.
 I did, and the clutch seems to work fine.  Bought a Lucas/Girling kit from
Moss and parts fit perfectly.  THANKS!

Regarding the Monza exhaust, I bought one at the same time I replaced my
cracked ex. manifold with a header.  Hated the sound, and the pipes were too
short, blackening my rear valence with soot.  In addition, I attribute the
loss of an elect. fuel pump to the heat from the driver's side pipe.
To remedy this exhausting problem, I cut the driver's side pipe off at the
"Y" (early TR6 system) and welded on a blanking plate.  Next I used an
extension piece to lengthen the remaining   pipe to the single muffler, now
hanging on the pass. side.  This was to be a temporary solution until I had
$$ to redo the system.

Well, almost 4 years later I am still running my half-a-Monza exhaust.  It
looks right, and is almost a straight-shot out from the header.   And the
sound?  Big Healey owners drool over the sound.  It's really cool.  Many a
car-nut has said that they love the sound.  Best of all I have a spare
muffler in the garage.

Kevin D. O'Connor