Re: TR6 Gearbox Woes

To: Nettater@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Gearbox Woes
From: Chad Jester <triumph@igc.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 20:59:48 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Carol,

It sounds to me like your gearshift retainer cup has worked itself loose
(not a terminal illness).  Have you noticed a change in feel of your shift
lever?  Is it now somewhat sloppy?  To check this, you will need to remove
the center dash support and gearshift boot.  Once you get this stuff out
of the way, disassemble, clean, and inspect the lever retainer cup and
spring.  I have experienced what you describe on at least two TR6's and it
was as simple to fix as I've described.  If your tranny is dead...I have a
spare ;)

Chad Jester