Re: Spit Side Windows

To: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit Side Windows
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 23:49:19 -0500
Ross-

Chain saw.  Remember the chain say.  It is the only way to get the regulator
mechanism out of the door.

Just kidding.  However I did have the same problem on my 65 this past week
end.  The window was having trouble coming all the way up (problem was an
overly long screw in the latch unit protruding into and slightly crushing the
guide channel) so I would assist by pulling up on the glass.  Well, one time
it just kept coming up!

Here's a fix that worked for me:  Put the window in the channel as far as it
would go, drill two holes through the channel and glass and insert cotter
pins.

Just kidding again.  Here is what I really did, and it really worked:  Clean
the channel and fill with GE Silicone sealant .   Have the regulator in the
full upward position. (this will allow most acurate for and aft positioning
of the glass) Insert window as far as it would go.  Allign as best you can.
 Shut door (with top rag top up).  Leave for two days (time to finish those
cards and decorating).  Test drive.  Keep speed below 140 mph for first 30
days.  Mine is holding in just fine!

All the best.

Brian Neuschwander