Re: Fly wheel removal???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fly wheel removal???
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 20:34:36 -0800 (PST)
Chet wrote:

>According to the Bentlys I can put the ring gear in the oven and take it to
>200 degrees and then place it on the flywheel and hold it untill it shrinks
>coolinmg slowly
>so as not to distort.
>
>I'm thinking the gear got pushed off by the starter hitting the teeth
>backwards as they were.  Don't you think by re heating and placing again it
>would be the same fit no worse?

Chet:

I don't know.  I tend to agree with Mark Anderton's earlier post, that
something is wrong with the ring gear, but if you don't mind pulling your
gearbox and doing it all over again, then I suppose you could experiment!!!
:)  But, by all means, if you can install it yourself, do it!!!

Good Luck!