Re: bentley, exhaust

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Subject: Re: bentley, exhaust
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:39:52 -0500 "bentley, exhaust" (Feb 1, 10:43am)
> Subject: bentley, exhaust
> recently bought a 76 spit, to be delivered this weekend, needs brakes,
> exhaust, a few other things, i'd appreciate some help from list

[Bentley manual stuff snipped]

> 2) andy recommended against monza exhaust because of trouble fitting,
> durability, and sound (unfortunate since it's on sale for $200 from moss)-
> any suggestions for alternatives? this won't be a daily driver, i doubt
> stainless steel would be worth the extra money to me, but i'm flexible- any
> other thoughts about monza?  thanks
>
> joe
>
>-- End of excerpt from Joseph R Schneider

I thought that I might address this one. I had heard the same thing
when I was ready to replace the exhaust on my Spit. What I decided
on was to buy the GT6 muffler, and with a little adapting, put it
on the Spit. It sounds better than the stock Spit exhaust, but not
as noisy as the Monza.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
'73 Spit