Re: TR3 -- A vs. B?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR3 -- A vs. B?
From: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:40:02 -0500
Cc: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andrew Mace wrote:

> Hard to say. What makes a TR3B different from a TR3A is primarily a
> TR4-style all-synchro transmission in all 3,331 of the cars built, and (as
> standard equipment in the last 2,800 or so) the TR4's 2.2 liter engine.
><snip>

One small note, Andy.  At least the last 30 (TSF 501-TSF 530) chassis of
the TSF series, which as far as I know were all made into Italias, have
the NON-SYNCHRO gearbox.  TSF524 still had it's original gearbox per
BMHIT when we got it, and it's a 3-synchro box.  Note:  it now has a
TR-6 box with the same OD unit...a previous owner had shattered the case
of the original tranny and had it welded (!!!!) back together...it
lasted about 3,000 miles once I started driving it.

TRuly yours,
Jamie Palmer
TCOC Publications Editor
VTR Italia Consultant