[Top] [All Lists]

hardtop window rubber in europe?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: hardtop window rubber in europe?
From: Peter Ficklin <>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 19:59:11 -0800
On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, robert ylitalo wrote:

> To my spitfire mk2 1965 i need the window rubber to the hardtop
> I got the name of a company call victoria british but i think that
> is in the U.S. Does anyone know of a company in europe that can deliver
> theese parts to me.
> -- 
> Robert Ylitalo

Andrew Mace replied:
> Robert, several issues back in _The Vintage Triumph_ (Vintage Triumph
> Register magazine), there was an article about someone who struggled for
> some time with a similar problem and finally came up with a workable
> solution that did NOT involve seals currently advertised to fit the
> Spitfire hardtop. (Apparently what some vendors currently sell really
> doesn't match the original profile and doesn't fit very well, either.)

> I can try to dig out the article tonight and give you details tomorrow,
>unless someone reading this now has that issue handy (it might be #62 or
> #63). Although I think the article was written by someone in the U.S., the
> information might still be useful to you.

> - --Andy

Please carbon copy me on the above article.  I've got a hardtop tucked
away in the attic, and I'll need the rubber seals eventually.

Peter Ficklin
'64 Spit & top...

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>