TR4 progress happens! cheer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 progress happens! cheer
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 22:40:30 -0700 (PDT)
Today I bit the bullet and got the clutch line out of the master <yay>

After religiously applying Liquid Wrench for 3 days, it was still stuck.
I ended up rounding it with the flare nut wrench :(

Thank heaven for Vice-Grips...  The unit is now patiently waiting its
rebuild down on my workbench.

Also managed to remove the gas tank-- and clean it.  Everything looks
fine about the tank, except for evidence of two small patches.  I used
the gas that was siphoned out to clean the outside-- which reminds me,
gasoline dissolved asphalt undercoating.  Someone asked about this, but I
realise that gasoline is NOT really a safe product to be rubbing all over
your car.

Much thanks go out to all the letters on brake flares... I'll probably be
buying a flaring tool soon.  Also found some unused Sunbeam brake lines that
will be pressed into action to replace the ones I wrecked <sigh>

Anyway, I've been up to my eyelids in gas fumes all day and wish I could
think more straight %-)

-Malcolm, now with loads of trunk space