Re: Whatever next...?

To: Pat Catchpole <Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Whatever next...?
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 15:56:43 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Pat Catchpole wrote:

>My job as an automotive designer means I get to read through a lot of
>patent applications, many of limited use to the mass market.  I have
>just read one this morning (filed by Mercedes Benz) that may be of
>interest for us LBC drivers.  It is a small shield that clamps on to
>the headrest and then protrudes forwards about 12 inches.  This then
>protects the top of the head from sun (and possibly rain in the UK).
>Personally I've never experienced any problems using a cap combined
>with a pair of Ray-Bans but maybe that's too obvious for those folk at
>Mercedes.
>
>Hoping for a sunny weekend,
>
>Pat

Pat: Maybe Mercedes will have a fleet of driver roaming the country.
Then, when they spot a Merc. with the top actually down, they'll get a
free sunshade as a Premium! As a I said when I kicked off the "Phony
Sportscar/Miata's" thread, the Merc.'s used to head my list of "Why buy
a convertible if you never put the top down?" cars! Again, as a group of
owners, these folks seem to miss the point of topdown motoring, even
when they own a ragtop! Maybe to many wigs and $200 salon hair styles
are at stake from this group of owners!