Re: TR Manuals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR Manuals
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 01:08:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, John L. Walker wrote:

> I have found a lead on the Bentley and Haynes manual for TR4s-- Bolen
> Books in Victoria (a large independent bookstore) has got found me this:
>
> Triumph TR4 Driver's Handbook
> Robert Bentley Inc   ISBN 0837605172
>
> Is this what I'm looking for?  :)

If it is really entitled "Triumph TR4 Driver's Handbook", then it is just
the glovebox manual issued with every new TR4.  Nice to have, but not the
full workshop manual.

What most people mean when they refer to the "Bentley manual" contains
reprints of the Driver's Handbook, the Workshop Manual, and the
Competition Preparation Manual, all in one binding.  My copy is entitled:

The Complete Official Triumph TR4 & TR4A 1961-1968
ISBN 0-8376-0121-5

The online version of Books In Print lists it this way:

Author(s)  British Leyland Motors Staff

Title      Triumph TR4 & TR4A 1961-1968: Official Driver's Handbook,
           Workshop Manual, Competition Preparation Manual.

Date       1975

ISBN       0-8376-0121-5 Active Record Bentley Trade Paper_$76.50 (Ingram
           Price), $55.00 (Retail Price) 04/1975 408p. Illustrated

Those prices are US$.

Any bookstore shgould be able to order it for you.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.