Re: GT6 generalis

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 generalis
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 00:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Martin_A._Secrest@neb.voa.gov
Welcome aboard;

They've always been fast but with a 2.5 litre engine from a TR6 they can be a
LOT faster.

Good solution for heat problem is to get aluminum foil with bubble wrap in
between. Available at building supply stores. Put it under carpet on floor
and on firewall. Also cover sides of transmission tunnel. While you are at it
make sure that the transmission tunnel is sealed to the firewall. If it isn't
you will get enough heat to roast your right leg.

My former spouse's first ride in my 69 GT6+ caused her to ask me why I had
the heater on in the middle of summer. I said the heater is off and doesn't
the exhaust sound great? That should have been a clue that the relationship
was doomed. :-)

I agree on the positive camber problem. I've worn the outside of my tires. I
think I'll give it a try.

If your GT6 has sufficient mileage on it the build up of lubricant on the
valves and seat will prevent wear. This has been posted by several people and
I have a reprint of an article in a UK magazine if you want a copy. Better to
read it and form your own conclusion than to take my word.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Winnipeg MB Canada