TR3 Drivetrain Swaps

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Drivetrain Swaps
From: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:25:21 -0500
Well, the workup on the 1961 TR3A project causes me to think about not
restoring the engine and trans on this one.  This is not a restoration project
- wrong basic car for that.  Just to be the low budget drive around and play
hard car.  The estimates I have on engine trans rebuild is significantly (!)
more than a swap.  Anyone have any info, resources, etc. on late model inline 4
swaps?  The Toyota 22R has been suggested, as has Miata.  Yard prices are very
appealing.   I appreciate any advice or leads you can provide.

Also need a set of front seats or frames from 3 or 4.

Perry Hammock
1961 TR3A 60999