Re: VTR National

To: "Harold O'Reilly" <continen@gnofn.org>
Subject: Re: VTR National
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:22:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Harold O'Reilly wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 TomMarsh@aol.com wrote:
>

> > Our group, Texas Triumph Register in Houston, submitted a proposal to host
> > the 2001 VTR national and if we are given the event we will be treating
>wedge
> > owners better, maybe even with some events only for wedgeheads!
> >

>         OH NO - Does that mean I would have to wear some kind of funny
> hat like that cheese one those turkeys up north wear to football games?

No, but you'd probably have to endure endless re-runs of old TR7
commercials (wedge-shaped garages, wedge-shaped igloos, etc.). <g>

>         Is the weather any cooler in Houston? I always thought New

Houston probably has similar daytime temps, but is even more humid than
Ft. Worth was this past week... and it rains a lot, so the water bakes
off and creates even more humidity.... <g> I simply take the request of
the Houston group as a warning that I have four years to figure out how
to install A/C in the `70 GT6+. <g>

> Maybe you could have all nighttime events.

That would not be a bad idea, as long as that did not include anything
to do with driving around on I-610 at night.... <g> Evening autocross
sounds like fun, and would probably be kinder on engines and tires, not
to mention drivers. <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....