What is this switch for? (72 Spit)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (triumphs@autox.team.net)
Subject: What is this switch for? (72 Spit)
From: jw@mail09.mitre.org (Joe Whalley)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 97 18:09:24 -0400
I have a 72 Spitfire with a switch just above the windshield wiper switch (the
one that pumps
fluid when pushed). It has a knob that looks like a little speedometer icon.
It has 4 terminals,
but nothing connected to it and no loose wires in the vicinity. What was this
for?

The plate on the inside of the drivers door shows a Commission # of FK35231,
manuf date
Mar 72, the engine is FM13009UE. This car seems to be built with inch, rather
than metric sizes, it
also says "Unleaded fuel only" on the gas gauge. Can someone set me straight
on the lineage of
this car?

Thanks - Joe