Plug wires and elec ignition

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Plug wires and elec ignition
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 Jul 97 12:41:42 EDT
I just read a recent post stating that "bumblebee wires" from Moss don't work
for electronic ignitions. I recently installed a Pertronix Ignitor system in the
TR6. I have a fairly new stock plug wire set. While recently helping me review
my motor for richness problems, my mechanic commented that the spark arching
from plug wire to a ground didn't seem as strong ( nice blue and bright) as he
would expect, even from a normal points set-up and speculated that the
electronic ignition might affect this, possibly downregulating in some way. I'm
surprised, especially because I'm, running a 40,000 Lucas coil and no ballast
resistor.  Question is whether the spark wires used with an electronic
ignition/sport coil setup need specialized matching and the stock wires are thus
affecting power flow.  The difference in running when the ignitor was installed
was more noticeable in the startup than in the running power.  Any idea's from
the electonic ignition guru's?  Aside form this specific diagnosis, anyone have
recommendations on high performance wire sets well suited for the TR6 as mine is
configured?

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6