RE: Gearbox Fluid Filling

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Gearbox Fluid Filling
From: TRIA73@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 09:49:39 -0400 (EDT)
7/18/97

I don't see what all the fuss is about in changing the or topping off the
gearbox fluid.  I check mine several times a year by jacking up the car and
sliding underneath.  Lets face it, unless you have a car lift or a pit in
your garage working in the cramped space under a Spitfire is not the most
pleasant of activities.  To make filling the gearbox easier I pour the gear
box into an oil can with a finger pump to inject it into the fill hole.
 REMEMBER that the car should be level when topping off.

Randy Dunn
'73 Spitfire - currently undergoing an engine in place cam shaft replacement.
MAKE EVERYDAY A TRIUMPH DAY!