Re: electricals

To: jruwaldt@indiana.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: electricals
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 13:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-17 23:47:33 EDT, jruwaldt@indiana.edu (James Charles
Ruwaldt) writes:

> When I put my tachometer back in after sending it in for repairs,
>  I had forgotten to label the lights.  How can I best tell which goes
>  where?  Other than draining the oilpan, of course.  Also, how should the
>  wires be hooked up so that the tachometer's internal lights come on?  The
>  speedometer lights work fine, since it's never been out.
>       Finally, is there supposed to be a mess of wires in the trunk, or
>  is there a place where they're supposed to be hidden?  I don't really
>  like having to worry about the wires every time I get into the trunk.
>  Besides, one of these days I'll clean up the trunk, and I'd rather not
>  have wires going everywhere.

Jim:

Disconnect the White/Brown wire to the oil pressure switch. Turn the key on,
without starting the car. The light that comes on is the charge indicating
light, and, of course, the one left is the oil pressure warning light.

The illumination lights should connect to a Red/White wire.

The wires for the rear of your car go between the upper back panel of the
trunk (with the two oval openings), and the outer panel that holds the
license plate.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74