Re: Aluminum Valences...sources

To: Atwell Haines <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum Valences...sources
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:01:02 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,
OK it's not aluminium, and I'm not living stateside, but...
I've got mine made out of 1,5 mm stainless sheet steel by a guy at
a car repair and body welding shop. He used the original, flimsy
cardboard ones as patterns. The result is good looking, it's rigid
and it also adds lots of rigidity to the radiator mounting cradle.
(Actually I've even got the brake booster mounted to the drivers
side shroud, in front of the radiator. With no ill effects so far.)
If I'm not misremembering things I didn't pay more than a case of
beer for them...  :-)
Yours
Odd

--