Re: VTR Nationals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: VTR Nationals
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:06:12 -0400
Just my opinion to comments about "opening the car show" (VTR):

This is a VTR National Convention, designed for VTR members, not a regional
British car show open to anyone.  It is a multi-day event, not just one day.
It has multiple parts, not just the Saturday car show.  Thus one should expect
that it would be open to VTR members only, cost a bit more to cover overhead,
and cater to those anal folks that like originality, myself included.  One
should not expect to show up just for the Saturday show, pay a small fee,
park the car, and receive a dash plaque.

I'll expand on this some more later.   I'll also include some banter about
registration fees and car show judging. I have some opinions.

Bruce "Nomex on" Clough
1991 VTR/NATC Chairman
1995 TRA Chairman
TRA National Meeting Coordiantor