TSSC INTERNATIONAL WEEKEND

To: w.davies@virgin.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TSSC INTERNATIONAL WEEKEND
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
Now William,you really must be more specific than that!
if you want to use this bandwidth to have a go at TSSC management's supposed
'attitude' to their members,you might at least talk to the 'management'
(which incidentally includes me), first! I have been on the clubs council of
management for about 7 years,and have attended about every committee meeting
in that time,arriving at 10am on a sunday morning,100 miles from home,using
my own money and car for that purpose.At those meetings,all council
members/directors,who incidentally are club members,(paid out of their own
pockets-we do not get free membership),and triumph enthusiasts to a man sit
at the table for about 4-5 hours discussing and voting on what is in the best
interests of the TSSC and each and every one of its' members.In terms of
attendance at the TSSC International Rally,we had one of our best ever
rallys,with more International visitors than ever before,including 56
Dutch,many Germans,Belgians and French,some Swedish,Finnish,Norwegians,Danish
and I saw one Spitfire 1500 from Madrid,Spain...and lastly,William,if you ask
your friend,Shaun Ogbourne,I did come looking for you in the campsite,but you
were apparently away somewhere in the large autojumble searching out more
rare parts for your Courier & Atlas Van restoration projects! ps.To Richard
Jackson,(TSSC Leicester),I did get a chance to say hi to Johnny Storm and
express my fellow listers thoughts to him,(polite ones),and you didn't see me
in the bar,because I wasn't drinking,as I was recovering from a recent bout
of sickness,and thought my time better spent outside drinking orange juice
and talking to some of our Dutch visitors,if fact,I don't think I even saw
you amongst the approx 5000 visitors that weekend! but I'm sure we'll meet
again!
Finally William,I am not prepared to get into any 'arguments' on this list
regarding the TSSC management,so if you have an axe to grind,please contact
the club directly.
Thanks very much
Leon F Guyot
TSSC International Liaison Secretary/Director.
(and paid-up member since March 1981)