Updated Sklurshing / Viscous coupling

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Updated Sklurshing / Viscous coupling
From: "Gregory J. Edge" <edgr@mbari.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:22:53 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sound is predictable.  Occurs at almost exactly 2500 RPM.  Checked fan
blades and noted play at the hub.

Need some advice from an expert on viscous coupling.

It appears to me that once I have removed the fan blades, I merely need
pry the torquatrol unit from the pulley assembly.  What parts can have
failed.  The manual shows a tolerance ring.  Is that it?

Is the pulley assembly one solid piece or is there some additional
clutch-like mechanism inside the cylindrical housing?

Thanks for all the previous and upcoming ideas on what I can do and
where I can go with my problems.

Gregory J. Edge
'78 TR7 FHC (OGDO)
'80 TR7 DHC FI a/c