Re: Spitfire radiators

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire radiators
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:29:41 -0700
>My '75 Spit is in need of a new radiator, and I was reading the MOSS
catalog looking for a replacement. I happend to see that both a 15" & 21"
core were fitted to this car, depending on the year and federal or
California make.
> I was wondering if I could get away with installing a 21" core radiator
in my car?
   <  snip  >
*************************
The mounting frame for the radiator is the same up until the '79 slant
radiator.  As long as its a full radiator including the mounting wings then
you shouldn't have any problem fitting it.  If it doesn't come with the
'wings' then, unless you have them it won't fit as these are smaller to
accomodate the larger radiator.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )