Re: Spitfire radiators

To: GLENN BOWLEY <gbowley@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire radiators
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:13:06 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
GLENN BOWLEY wrote:

> Hello all-
> My '75 Spit is in need of a new radiator, and I was reading the MOSS catalog
>looking for a replacement. I happend to see that both a 15" & 21" core were
>fitted to this car, depending on the year and federal or California make.
>  I was wondering if I could get away with installing a 21" core radiator in
>my car?

> Anybody out there ever attempt this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Glenn Bowley
> '75 Spitfire 1500 (hot!)

Glenn-

Wider is better, as the TV ad says.  I have a 65 Spit with 1500 motor.
I also installed an electric fan and eliminated the water pump fan. I
run a wide radiator with three rows of tubes, instead of the ususal two
rows.  THe wider will fit any spit.  But you need to come up with the
right brackets.  Look around the bone yard or see other Spits at a show
to compare.  I would not recommend the slat radiator.

Good luck.

Brian

65 Spit
79 Spit  (slant radiator)