TR6 Valve seat fit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Valve seat fit
From: "The Stretz's" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:54:40 -0500
Hello again everyone!  Here's a question for you engine gurus.
 A friend of mine with a 70 TR6 is having valve guides and seats
installed.  The machine shop called him to let him know that they had
the exhaust seats in, but there wasn't much room for the intakes.  In
fact, they would probably touch the exhaust seats.  Are there any
consequences of having them too close? Or leaving the intake seats out?
I guess I should mention they are the hardened seats from Vicky Brit. I
wondered if they sent him 12 of the same seats.  Aren't the intake and
exhaust valves different sizes?
 Any information would be greatly appreciated.  I'm concerned that my
friend has found good ol' Cletus and Bud's fix-it-shop, and they're in
the process of fixin' it reeeeeal goooood.

Chad Stretz

73 TR6 CF7511U-trailer behind it maybe, but never below it-