Re: VTR in the Southwest?

To: transerv@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: VTR in the Southwest?
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:06:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
transerv@sprynet.com wrote:

> Could be because 78% of the US population still lives east of the
> Mississippi?????

Now, that could be a factor (and, yeah, fellow listers, I do know my
geography--Ft. Worth is west of the Mississippi--but it's closer than
Ogden, Utah, etc. <g>)

> I agree that it would be nice if some of the retirees in Phoenix could come up
> with activities in the cooler months.

I think we first need to determine if there _are_ any cooler months in
Phoenix. <g>

> We don't want to make things too inviting in the Southwest, or we'll be even
> more overrun with d**n yankees.

And this reminds me of a bumper sticker seen in Santa Fe, NM (overrun in
the past decade with movie stars and real-estate rich people from CA and
the Northeast, particularly the NYC area):

"Welcome to Santa Fe. Now go home." <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....