Re: TR6 Keys / Locks

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Keys / Locks
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:25:46 -0500

    >> Could someone with an original TR6 give me some
    >> information about the manner that the keys and locks
    >> were set up originally for the car?  My 1971 currently
    >> has a separate key for each door, the trunk, and the
    >> ignition - is this the work of the PO (likely)?
    >>
    >> If so, does anyone have any info as to where I could
    >> find a set of correct locks and keys for the car.
    >> Thanks in advance for any info.

    Phil> ned, Good luck, I've already been through this. From
    Phil> what i understand, they are all seperate
    Phil> keys. However, I think Vic Brit might sell some kind
    Phil> of set? ( Buy from Vic. Brit. with caution)

A competent locksmith can re-key your locks alike.
It's a slightly non-trivial job, which is why I stress
"competent" locksmith.  Based on my previous experience,
you'll have your best luck with someone over 50 who
says "Well, now, lets see what we can do with this..."
rather than someone who's 24 and says "Oh, yeah, we can
re-key locks for your T-bird.  Oh, Triumph.  Is that
a Pontiac?"
                                                -MM