TR6 Keys / Locks

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: TR6 Keys / Locks
From: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 13:31:44 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ned -
According to my owner's manual, my 74 TR6 came with:
       3  ignition keys
       2  door keys (same for both doors)
       2  glovebox / trunk keys
I didn't have the door keys, so I had a local locksmith "rekey" (change
tumblers on) my door locks so the trunk key would work on them.  They
use the same key blank.  It was easy to do, he said.
He also said the little spring clips which hold the lock to the door aren't
that great.  Recently on the list I believe there was some talk of some sort
of piece (clamp or something) available to better mount the locks.  I
thought it was from Moss, but I called them and they knew not of what I
spoke.  Good luck.
     -Lex Garey, Shelby, NC