Re: no charge

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: no charge
From: tuu@cosmail3.ctd.ornl.gov (Tim Tucker)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 13:22:47 -0400
At 10:07 AM 7/24/97 -0700, John L. Walker wrote:
>I'm just not sure if I can get the right color wires in the right sizes.
>
>-Malcolm
>
>    Too many rocks and not enough sand.

The PO of my TR4 had little concern about size or color or anything else for
that matter.

When I bought my '62 in 1981, the entire car had been rewired in yellow and
all of the cockpit switches had been replaced with toggles.  The PO had done
one thing right: he kept the original switches.  Over several months I
checked all of the original wiring harness and the switches, and found
nothing wrong with either.  Finally, I took an entire day to rip out all of
the PO's yellow wiring and re-install the switches.  All has worked fine to
this day, 16 years later.  I've often wonder what could have prompted a
person to go to such lengths to accomplish nothing different from what he
already had?  Sorry to bore, but I have always enjoyed telling this story.

Tim.
'62 TR4  CT16063L