SB42 - Letter from Appropriations Committee Chair

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SB42 - Letter from Appropriations Committee Chair
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:20:04 -0700
Yesterday I received a nice, personal letter from Carole Migden, the Chair
of the Assembly Appropriations Committee.  In her letter, Carole stated:

" Contrary to some postings I have read, I have not taken a position in
opposition to the bill, nor is the bill dead.  The bill, along with
hundreds of other legislative proposals, is continuing through the
legislative process.  I am continuing to study many aspects of the Smog
Check 2 program quite extensively, including the proposal included
within Senate Bill 42.  I certainly appreciate hearing your insights on the
need for the SB 42, as well as your personal experience.  I will review
your note (along with many others I've received) before nextmonth's vote."

I think these could be interpreted as words of encouragement, especially
her refering to SB42 as "not dead".

YOUR letters do count.  Our voices are being heard and more importantly,
responed to.  So take the time to write/e-mail.  It does make a difference.

David Stauffacher
San Diego Automotive Car Club Council

1970 TR6 CP51649
    \   I  N  J  E  C  T  I  O  N   /