Front spring shims (Re: Positive Camber Problem)

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Front spring shims (Re: Positive Camber Problem)
From: Joseph Burlein <josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
As was going to ask about this topic myself.  I am pulling the rubber
bushings and replacing with poly so decided to replace the spings all around
too . When I tried to install the new front springs, they wouldn't fit and
there wasn't a rubber spring pad up there.  It turned out the rubber spring
pad was under an aluminum spacer.  With the years of grime on there is looked
like it was originally part of the car.  The spacer is not that thick, maybe
something on the order of a 1/16 of an inch.  Anyone out there have an idea
what this would be for?  I have not reinstalled them yet.  But, I still don't
have the car down off the jack stands yet either!

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL