FW: Spit clutch master and shiprights disease

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: Spit clutch master and shiprights disease
From: "J Schoonmaker" <Schoonmaker@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 97 11:21:03 UT

----------
        I am in the process of rebuilding the clutch master of our '79 Spit,
having
tired of the slowly growing stain on the driver's floorpad.  From what I've
read on the list, it seemed logical that if you are going to take the car
apart enough to be able to get at the bleeder on the slave cylinder, you
should probably just replace the (original) rubber goods there at the same
time.

TRF quickly supplied both rebuild kits  (testimony, NOT advertising)

Service manual in hand, the tunnel is out, as are the master and slave
cylinders.

        Hmmmm.  There's a good look at the transmission fill plug.  Sure would
be the
best time to drain and refill it while we're here.

        Anything else I should be thinking at this point??  Any serious
warnings or
advice from the list?

Jim Schoonmaker
Manlius, NY