Re: [Fwd: Re: TR6 radio/speaker installation?]

To: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: TR6 radio/speaker installation?]
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 19:16:19 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dean Paige added to the thread -

<<So when it came time to repalce the radio after a interior rebuild I cut
the counsel to fit a new CD without hesitation. I would hardly call the
result a butcher job>>

Dean - and all:

I believe the gist of this is that these consoles, to present anyway are not
being reproduced.  What we have is all we have.  to that end there is some
trepidation when one alters these from the original state.  It is this reason
that most will caution against "butchering" a console.

Also, don't forget that these are structural members, believe it or not.
 Designed, I believe (if wrong I imagine I'll be corrected) to compensate for
the forces which try to twist the frame and body under load.

JoeSimcoe
Baton Rouge (see I do read some of the various posts)

74 TR6
Tr250