Re: TR6 Differential Mounts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Differential Mounts
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:01:36 -0400
Martin Libhart wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if the bolts holding the TR6 differential
> mounts are 'captive' at the top of the frame mounting brackets,
> or does one need to be able to get a wrench up there to hold
> while replacing all of the rubber mount bushings??

Nope, they are "captive," being welded right to the frame in
two places.  However, it is not uncommon for these welds to
break, particularly on the right front mount, as part of the
"TR6 broken diff mount syndrome."  If you are replacing the
rubber pieces, examine the RF mount very closely for cracks
while you have it all apart...

Good luck!

--ken

--