Head oilers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Head oilers
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 18:35:55 -0700
>Hello all!
>I was wondering if anybody out there has purchased a head oiler kit from
>one of the parts suppliers, (MOSS,Etc.)? Are they worth the money? How
>are they plumbed into the motor? Is the lubrication so bad to the rocker
>shaft that these kits are needed?
>The ad also say's "bolt-on installation," is it really true?
>
>Being a relatively new owner (4 months), I would like any input anyone
>may have on the subject. The car only has 35,000 original miles on it,
>and I would like to give the motor every chance for a long and happy
>life!
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Glenn Bowley
>'75 Spitfire 1500

I'd say go for it Glenn. I've had mine installed about 5 years now. I can't
see how it can harm the top end. Gives me a little peace of mind as
well...........oil cooler.......same thing (shoulda been standard equipment
from factory). Oh.........almost forgot........Oil pressure guage.:-)

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's