Re: Spit Clutch M/C (new question)

To: tedtsimx@bright.net
Subject: Re: Spit Clutch M/C (new question)
From: Isaac Crow <Isaac@Avana.Net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:23:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ted,
I definitely WAS captivated by the price!  From memory, and their
measurement diagram, all the mounting holes are the same as the stock
Girling. I will have to take out the new pushrod and replace it with my
original one, because they are different.  The one thing that concerns
me (beside the fact that I ordered a .70" bore instead of .62") is
whether or not the clutch line fitting will fit.  I know the threads are
the same 3/8 -24 , but I am wondering if this particular M/C is set up
to seal with the special flare on the line.  I don't want to change the
fitting (maybe I can adapt it?) because I would like to be able to go
back to the original later.  Hopefully though, a Girling is a Girling is
a Girling.  I'll find out tomorrow!

Isaac Crow
'71 Spit
Winder, GA