Re: Hot water valve

To: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hot water valve
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:52:39 -0500
John L. Walker wrote:

> Found the source of my coolant leak, the rubber diaphragm in the hot
> water valve had perished.  Obsolete Automotive claims that there are
> no
> service parts for the hot water valve, but they'll gladly sell me a
> brand
> new one for $56 cdn.
>
> aCk!  I can't afford that!  (*sob*)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks...
> Malcolm
>
>     Too many rocks and not enough sand.

  Malcom,  while I was in college and it was either beer or Triumph
spares. Occasionally beer would win out :-)   I went to the local
hardware store and purchased a manual control valve for around $7.00
US.  I then inserted between the hose that I had rigged from the outlet
pipe on the head  and the heater inlet pipe.  This fix  tied me over
until  I could scrape up enough to get the correct valve.

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/