Re: Back to LBC's...Z-S

To: suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Back to LBC's...Z-S
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:49:10 -0400
Cc: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
SUCHAK wrote:
> I agree that the overall de-tuning has a detrimental effect, but you
> can't tell me that the smog equipment is not the major culprit in the
> loss of power department.

  Some is, and some isn't. Switching from two carbs to one
is a culprit. Drag caused by air pumps is a very minor
culprit. Low compression can be a culprit.

  What burns me is that people don't sensibly think about
what hurts and what does. They just puff out their
chests and say "I needs my horsepowers" and pull off
every hose they don't understand.

  What's worse though in my mind is when rather than
fixing a simple emission problem, they just remove
everything. Then their car runs better, and they become
a "preacher for detox", claiming to anyone that will
listen that the EPA is trying to ruin their lives. All
it would have took was a few seconds reading and they
could have fixed the real problem.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada