Re: Back to LBC's...Z-S

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Back to LBC's...Z-S
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 8 Aug 97 9:24:04

And Trevor Boicey wrote:

>>The carb just gets blamed for emissions laws. It's a carb
that allowed our cars to continue to be made, but it somehow
gets a bad rap for trying.

  Everyone is like "give me my SUs!". Well, that wasn't
an option. It was emission control carbs or nothing. The
ZS just happens to be a carb that can do it's job and
pass the laws of the time.<<

My experience echoes this.  When I ran the stock Z-S on my Spit,
it peformed perfectly, very smooth, with a nice idle.  I liked it
a lot.  Ditto for the carbs on my GT6.

Su*s are great machines, no doubt.  Extremely simple and efficient.  Zeniths
just require a little more reading.  I also suspect they get out of adjustment
because when problems arise, people tweek first, and check out the ignition
later -- exactly the wrong thing to do, IMHO ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III