Re: Back to LBC's...Z-S

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Back to LBC's...Z-S
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:04:29 -0400
Cc: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
David Massey wrote:
> How many times has someone decided to "get rid of all this
> smog junk and get back all the original power" and proceed to
> rip out the smog pump, the EGR, the PCV, and everything else
> he doesn't understand and find out that not only does the car
> not have any more power but the drivability has also suffered.

  Or another facet of the same coin...

  The car has some problems, so they "rip off all that
there pollution crap and the problems go away!".

  You know, the pollution equipment didn't make the car
run like that when it was new. You could also fix the
problem rather than just pulling parts off the car until
it runs correctly and then blaming the government because
you are too lazy to learn about your car.

  If somebody blows third gear, they don't just live
without it and proclaim "The car runs fine without
shifting into third, why did they burden my car with
all this third gear crap that it didn't need!". But
they do this with emissions gear.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada