Suspension painting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suspension painting
From: drew@pixar.com (Drew Rogge)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 97 17:06 PDT
Hi All,

I'm sure that I'm going to get a bunch of different answers to
this question but here goes anyway.

Short of powder coating, what's the best way to get a nice thick
smooth coat of black paint on things like suspension and steering
pieces and/or a water pump housing? This weekend I painted some
stuff with Plasti-Coat Ultra Enamel but it goes on pretty thin and
doesn't fill in the texture on sand cast parts very well. Maybe
with 5 or 6 coats it would be smooth but I was hoping to find
something which would work in a couple of coats.

Anyone know of any magic to gets results similar to what came
on a TR3? When I sanded the old paint off the steering column,
the original paint seemed pretty thick.

Thanks,
Drew

--